Normal Lake Level is 322.00 feet
above Mean Sea Level.
Current level for Cedar Creek Lake is:
na degrees - top
81 degrees - bottom
PHK team wins
Monitor Staff Reports
than 80 golfers participated in the Greater Cedar Creek Lake Area
Chamber of Commerce’s annual “Red Hot ‘18’” golf tournament Monday.
Players got plenty hot on the steaming Cedar Creek Country Club course
before a having to take a 30-minute rain delay with about four holes
Bill Grissom (at left), drains a short putt on Hole No. 17 after the
other three members of the Wings Over Seven Points team – Robbye
Grissom, James McClintock and Will Grissom – had missed their efforts
during the area chamber of commerce’s “Red Hot ‘18’” golf tournament at
the Cedar Creek Country Club Monday.
Representing Presbyterian Hospital of Kaufman, Jade Andrews (left), Luke
Mahaffey, Sammy Crow and Mat Mahaffey won trophies and cash by posting
the low gross score, a round of 53, at the annual “Red Hot ‘18’” golf
A team from Presbyterian Hospital of Kaufman – Jade
Andrews, Luke Mahaffey, Sammy Crow and Mat Mahaffey – took first place
gross honors in the four-man scramble tournament with a team score of
53, winning trophies and $400 cash.
They all took shots from 165 yards out on No. 9 with a $50,000 cash
prize riding on a hole-in-one, but none of them notched the ace.
Edward Jones team of Mark Smith, Jim Copeland, Gary Don Nobles and Debra
Davis took first place net with an adjusted score of 47.30.
Monitor Photo/Kerry Yancey
The Edward Jones team of Mark Smith (left), Jim Copeland, Gary Don
Nobles and Debra Davis took first place net score with a round of 47.30
Monday at the Cedar Creek Country Club. Davis took both the women’s
“closest to the pin” and “longest drive” titles.
Davis notched both the women’s closest to the pin (on
No. 17) and longest drive (on No. 18), while Luke Mahaffey took the
men’s longest drive and Carl Samuelson took closest to the pin.
An Embarq team of Dan Youngman, Deborah Rounsavall, Bill Martin and Don
Houston took second place gross with a round of 59.
Second place net went to a team representing Solar Screen/Westside
Hardware – Fred Kurlander, Tim Ty, Tim Vaughn and Skip Smith, who
recorded a gross score of 60 and a net score of 50.5.
The Home Instead team of Steve Carter, Lee Ayers, Eddie Evans and Don
Richardson took third place gross with a round of 59.
Third place net went to the Texas Trust Credit Union team of Brad Smith,
John Launius, Ruben Austin and an unlisted player, who finished at 51.2.
The Ragsdale Real Estate team of David Johnson, Calvin Jones, Gene Myers
and Doug Ragsdale won a special trophy as the last-place team, recording
a round of 76.
Other teams competing included:
• Excite Realty (Tim Hogan, B.G. Pierce, Judy Pierce and Vernon
Rainwater) gross 70, net 58.9.
• Citizens State Bank (Curtis Cook, Brian Walker, Leland Pitts and Jason
Ivy) gross 63, net 55.5.
• Cornerstone Business Solutions (Rick Brown, Kerry Dugger, Tim Lilly
and Neil Mansfield) gross 72, net 56.9.
• Lana L. Mock & Associates (Delbert Gibbs, Suzanne Mays, Lana Mock and
Mark Millikan) gross 72, net 56.9.
• Rainbow International Restoration & Cleaning (Bobbie Knott, Mark
Watson, Carl Samuelson and Mitch West) gross 64, net 58.6.
• Wings Over Seven Points (James McClintock, Bill Grissom, Robbye
Grissom and Will Grissom) gross 65, net 54.7.
• Tri-County Ford (Larry Delong, John Mathis, Alex Harrill and Joe
Pickens) gross 62, net 55.3.
• Solar Turbines (Matt Burleson, Jim Jones, Kyle Walker and Paul Kieffer)
gross 64, net 58.2.
• Ben E. Keith (Dean Fannin, Greg Jones, Michael Carter and Kevin
Musselwhite) gross 63, net 55.1.
• Wells Fargo (Dan Owens, Lance Watkins, Clint Walling and Paul Smith)
gross 63, net 52.4.
• Christian Life Center (Derrik Winkley, Barry Boatright, Joaquin
Garrison and Stan Sohasky) gross 65, net 57.0.
Three individual teams competed:
• Dennis Knowles, Wanda Gregory, Alyssa Knowles and unlisted player –
gross 64, net 54.4.
• David Winn, Ray Williams, James Adams and Tate Cramm – gross 63, net
• Bob Felty, Gary Walsh, Stan Sowers and Ray Armstrong – gross 63, net