KAUFMAN-Kaufman County Commissioners Court members approved several short and to the point items at the weekly meeting Dec. 27. Among consent items that were approved include re-appointing Mike Sharp, William Nixon and Wayne Pritchard as board members to the Emergency Services District #5 for a two-year term and re-appointing Mark Smith, Tricia Smith and Chuck Carpenter as board members to the Emergency Services District #3 for a two-year term.
Also approved was entering into an Interlocal Agreement with Emergency Services District #3 to enable local fire trucks to fill up their tanks from a water hydrant at the northwest corner of FM 429 and CR 329. Emergency Services will provide the materials (rock, asphalt and other materials) and the county agrees to provide the labor and equipment necessary to spread the materials to create a surface in this area that will allow the fire trucks to access the water hydrant at this location.
An additional salary for Assistant District Attorney Clay Watkins was approved for assuming additional job tasks regarding asset forfeitures. The money is currently in the District Attorney’s budget due to the resignation of the ADA who handled asset forfeitures. This action requires a line item transfer.
The treasurers monthly report states the General Fund beginning balance is $3,131,457.71 and receipts totaling $2,492,072.72. Tex Pool beginning balance is $1,162,725.83 and receipts were $2,154.85.
In other news, commissioners:
• Approved the Interlocal Agreement between the County of Kaufman and the High Point Special Utility District for road projects for Kaufman County Pct 2. County vehicles are often parked at the water district, creating damage to the area and the county wishes to fix those damages.
• Approved the salary increase of $3,500 for a pre-trial diversion officer Johnny White, per prior budget allowance of $2,500 and $1,000 from the District Attorney’s Office diversion funds due to a paycheck being less than what was offered.
• Approved the right of way Advanced Funding Agreement for the US 175 Project between Kaufman County and Texas Department of Transportation in amount of $425,862.40.
• Approved claims for payment of $392,041.25.
• Approved payroll and benefits of $1,226,261.93.
• Approved the correction of salary posted in I.T./Managed Service Department from $32,960 to $40,000. The money is currently in the I.T. budget but required a line item transfer.
• Approved the Advanced Funding Agreement for the U.S. 80 intersection and U.S. 175 improvements project between Kaufman County and Texas Department of Transportation in the amounts of $827,225 and $425,862.40, respectively.