KERENS–If your child is of Pre-K or Kindergarten age and you would like to register them for the 2019-20 school year, a Pre-K and Kindergarten Roundup is taking place at the Kerens Elementary School Monday through Friday April 22-26. The daily registration is from 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. and the child must be at least four years of age as of Sept. 1, 2019 and fit at least one of the following criteria:
• be unable to speak and comprehend the English language
• be economically disadvantaged, which means the student is eligible to participate in the National free or reduced-price lunch program
• be homeless, as defined by 42 United States Code Section 1143a, regardless of the residence of the child, of either parent of the child or of the child’s guardian or other person having lawful control of the child
• be the child of an active-duty member of the Armed Forces of the United States, including the State military forces or a reserve component of the Armed Forces, who is ordered to active duty by proper authority or if the child of a member of the Armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the Armed Forces, who was injured or killed while serving on active duty
• be in or have been in, the conservatorship of the Department of Family and Protective Services following an adversary hearing held as provided by Section 262.201, Family Code
• please have all paperwork including Birth Certificate, SS card, Shot Records, Parent ID, Proof of Residence and Proof of Income.
If you do not qualify, you will be put on a waiting list and charged tuition if your child attends.